BLOG COLUMN
Better late than never
by MyAeroSatu Chairman
Taking the aerospace work-life experiences head on by adopting the entrepreneurial mind-set versus the employee mind-set
I am thankful to my colleagues of Persatuan Aeroangkasa MyAeroSatu, namely: Exco Haji Dzainie Rahmat & Secretary Dzul Bahrin Asmawi for their valued arrangement that enable me to meet face-to-face with Businessman Dato' Ahmad Fuad Md Ali, Member of Policy Advisory Committee to the Prime Minister (PMAC). I understand PMAC is an advisory body made up of professionals & experts in the economic sector responsible to assist Prime Minister Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim as the Finance Minister. From what I can gather PMAC, the mother of all think tank formed to help the government has been working hard on a number of fronts. (www.pmac.com.my)
Dato'
Fuad is currently the Executive Chairman of FPSO Ventures Sdn Bhd (FVSB),
a local Malaysian company incorporated on 25 July 2023 formed exclusively to
pursue “Operations & Maintenance” services in the Offshore Oil & Gas
Industry, especialising in fixed and floating facilities, marine and production
systems, and shorebase and supply base operations support. It is an affiliate
of MISC Berhad, Malaysia's leading logistics and shipping company
listed on the KLSE main board. (www.fpsoventures.com;
www.emis.com>php<)
Dato' Fuad acknowledged the intention of MyAeroSatu as an NGO in offering its members' experiences and expertise in the various sectors and functions of aviation industry. He candidly called for the mind-set shift toward taking your success in your own hands, “The Entrepreneurial Mind-set versus the Employee Mind-set - from the passivity, feelings of being side-lines, not needed & helplessness."
In pursuant to greater heights it means no-holds-barred conversations between Dato' Ahmad Fuad (centre), Dzainie (left), Dr. Zul & Dzul Bahrin (right). Photo: FVSB
He added, “Keep in mind, this distinction has nothing to do with whether you're actually an entrepreneur or an employee. It's about mind-set. Many employees display the entrepreneurial mind-set, and many entrepreneurs display the employees mind-set (they're the ones who typically go out of business). If you want to be an entrepreneur, I've found, these distinctions contain the key tools for creating our own entrepreneurial success. I realised that was how I could achieve my goals through new business interventions.”
Comments
Post a Comment